Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011 Celebration At School


So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed attending Mother’s Day celebration organised by my children’s school. To date, I have attended three of such events. Each one has been very special and moving in its own way. The performances by the kids were very entertaining and they were all very adorable.

Since my boy is in Year 2 now, the school does not organise any class performance or event to celebrate with the kids’ mums anymore. Though, we do get a card and a piece of craft from our child as part of their school work.

After waiting for one long year, I finally got to attend a Mother’s Day celebration at school again. This time it was from my girl’s kindy class. Apart from being her 1st Mother’s Day celebration in a school environment, it was also her 1st public performance in front of an audience.

 
All kindy mums were invited to a day spa with their kids as beautician. My child was picked as the head beautician where she had to address all the mums and direct them to the classroom. Lucky for her, she got to dress up for it. The costume was in her favourite colour too…….yup, PINK that is! All the other mums commented that she looked so pretty and cute in the beautician outfit. I thought so too and it is not just because I’m her mum.


Every mum was given a hand massage and had their nails painted. Of course, there was the long awaited performance that I have been trying to piece together for the last few weeks prior to the event from the little spills I got every now and then. I wasn’t disappointed….it was a brilliant singing performance by all the kids. We also got presented with some gifts - a card and a canvas painting by our child. My canvas painting was hijacked by my precious little girl when we got home. The reasons were because she likes it very much and it has her name on the back of it so that signifies ownership. What can I say…….speechless, of course!!!

Well, I suppose it doesn’t matter whether I physically get to keep the present or not because the opportunity to see my girl perform is already the best gift of all as this opportunity will be rare in the future.

Attending my girl’s kindy class Mother’s Day celebration this year holds an extra special meaning to me. This was my 2nd last Mother’s Day celebration at school. I’d enjoyed every single second of the celebration put up by my girl's kindy class and will be treasured in my heart forever. Looking at the other mums’ faces, no doubt they had a great time too.

One more Mother’s Day celebration at school to go………sob sob!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment